Brussels, 20 January 2022
Today we are pleased to present the 2022 edition of the ALL DIGITAL Weeks campaign. ALL DIGITAL Weeks 2022 will run from 14 March until 14 April 2022. The campaign will be endorsed by the European Commission and will be widely promoted in social media and in the national press through partner organisations. The campaign will involve strategic and local partners, supporters and individual participants.
As we have experienced in the last 2 years, digital transformation is more present than ever, and the pandemic hit showed how much digital skills are influencing everyday life of students, workers and citizens. Currently across Europe 42% of European citizens lack of basic digital skills. It is estimated that 90% of jobs in Europe require a certain degree of digital literacy to be able to be carried out. The workforce endowed with advanced knowledge in STE(A)M matters does not meet society current and future demands. Other underpinning issues such as online disinformation, cybersecurity, online hate speech strictly linked to online activities are threats that cannot be ignored.
The objective of this awareness raising campaign is to maximise the impact and visibility of members, partner and participant organisations’ events and activities focused on enhancing digital skills, education, and competences for the digital transformation. The ALL DIGITAL Weeks awareness campaign aims to show the needs of empowering all European citizens with the digital tools and skills they need in their studies, job and for social inclusion. For this reason, the motto of 2022 campaign is a call to action for all Europeans to take an active part for a better future: ‘’Enhance your digital skills’’!
ALL DIGITAL Weeks 2022 will strongly contribute to the promotion of the European Year of Youth promoted by the European Commission, through the organisation of specific events and training supporting young people in the digital transformation. The campaign will also support the implementation of specific actions of the Digital Education Action Plan 2021-27 of the European Commission, with the main objective of enhancing digital skills and competences for the digital transformation.
The 5 different weeks of the campaign will focus on the following specific weekly core themes under which all the training and events will be organised at international and national level across Europe:
- Enhancing digital skills and promoting digital inclusion and accessibility
- Fostering digital literacy and tackling disinformation
- Promoting the use of the European Digital Competence Framework (DigComp) and exploring the development of the European Digital Skills Certificate (EDSC)
- Achieving cybersecurity and safer internet
- Improving STEM and STE(A)M skills for society and encouraging girls’ and women’s participation in STEM studies and careers
An international launch event of the campaign will be organised online on the week of 14th of March 2022 and will involve high level speakers from the European Institutions, industry, academia, and other digital education stakeholders.
How can you contribute to the ALL DIGITAL Weeks 2022 campaign?
The visibility of all the registered international and national events will be also promoted in different ways and through different channels:
- International event in English events will be listed on the ALL DIGITAL Weeks Agenda on the campaign website.
- International, national and local events and trainings focusing on the specific campaign’s thematic areas will be visible and clickable on the map available on the campaign website: http://alldigitalweeks.eu.
- All participating organisations will be able to join and amplify the campaign outreach on social media channels, using specifically designed content and hashtags #ADWeeks2022 and #AllDigitalWeeks.
- Blogs, news and visual content (pics, banners and videos) about selected events and trainings will be promoted through the News section of the ALL DIGITAL Weeks website.
ALL DIGITAL Weeks campaign (history)
The ALL DIGITAL Weeks campaign is one of the major pan-European awareness raising campaigns on digital skills for inclusion and employment. It is organised by ALL DIGITAL Network, and it has been running since 2010. Since then, the campaign helped 1.4 million people to get online for the first time or enhance their digital skills.
Every year, the campaign brings over 100,000 participants from 20+ European countries in exciting online and offline events and training opportunities tackling digital transformation and its effects. It involves international and national partners and participating organisations in different European countries.
The calendar of the campaign
Week 1 (14-19 March)
– The 1st week will cover general policy issues at EU level on digital skills and education, and focus on the ALL DIGITAL association and members contribution to ‘’Enhancing digital skills and promoting digital inclusion and accessibility’’.
– We will organise the launch event on the week of 14th March 2022, with the participation of EC representatives, MEP, industry, civil society. We plan a face-to-face meeting with online elements.
Week 2 (21-25 March)
– Fostering digital literacy and tackling disinformation
Week 3 (28 March – 1 April)
– Promoting the use of the European Digital Competence Framework (DigComp) and exploring the development of the European Digital Skills Certificate (EDSC)
Week 4 (4-8 April)
– Achieving cybersecurity and safer internet
Week 5 (11-14 April)
– Improving STEM and STE(A)M skills for society and encouraging girls’ and women’s participation in STEM studies and careers
– Closing event showcasing activities, outcomes and key messages