Google Scholar Citation for Scientist and Institution
Would you like to have it in your language?
Please note that this is machine translation and some mistakes are possible.
Type of the event: Workshop/training
Online or offline: Online
Main theme/focus: Basic Digital Skills / Media Literacy
Date time start: 25/03/2021 11:00
Date time end: 25/03/2021 12:00
Number of hours: 1
Organisation: National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”
Address of the event: National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”
Url of the event: http://library.kpi.kharkov.ua/en/conference_25_03_2021
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/librariankhpi/
Tag or keywords: Google Scholar Citation, author identification, author profile, organization identification
Responsible (trainer/organizer): Юлія Главчева
Email of the organiser: Yuliia.Hlavcheva@khpi.edu.ua
Phone of the organiser:
Target Group: Trainers/teachers
Number of participants: 50
Short description of the event:
The author’s profile in any system (database) identifies the author and affects his reputation. Local and global rankings are formed on the basis of analytical processing of author profiles. One of the authoritative rankings based on Google Scholar Citation profile data is TRANSPARENT RANKING: Top Universities by Citations in Top Google Scholar profiles. Its results have a 10% weight in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities.
Some points of the TRANSPARENT RANKING methodology: Top Universities by Citations in Top Google Scholar profiles:
- Institutional profiles are analyzed, if they are absent, then the official e-mail addresses of the organization are taken into account while scanning the data. We recommend using the normalized (official) name of a higher education institution together with the institutional e-mail address.
- If profiles of authors who do not belong to the institution are intentionally added to the profile to increase its rank, the institution will be EXCLUDED from the ranking.
- Including of non-personal profiles (journals, departments, groups) to the top 210 of results is punished with the EXCEPTION of the entire institution.
- Authors’ profiles written only in Latin letters are considered.
- No need to add academic positions or names of departments after the author’s name.
- Please note that the author is responsible for the accuracy of his own profile data (adds only his own documents, has one profile).
Photos from the event:
The event is: Planned