In 2017, Get Online Week takes place during 27 March – 2 April and challenges Europeans to learn, participate, share and create through thousands of events and activities tackling the digital transformation and its effects.
People and skills, not technology, are the most important pieces in the digital transformation puzzle. The digital disrupt produces anxiety, uncertainty and insecurity regarding the future. Rather than resisting the digital transformation, people and organizations must prepare immediately and strategically for a skillset that will perpetually change and evolve.
The campaign activities, trainings, and events will address the following themes:
- Cybersecurity: use technology and the internet safely, manage your (digital) identity
- eServices: learn to keep up with eServices (eGovernment, eBanking, eHealth, eCommerce)
- Employment and entrepreneurship: learn new skills for jobs and for starting businesses
WHY WE NEED GET ONLINE WEEK?
- 45% of the European population has an insufficient level of digital skills.
- 37% of the European workforce has an insufficient level of digital skills
- 16% of Europeans have never used the internet
In 2017, all campaign partners and stakeholders will use the I-LINC platform to share, connect and learn from each other. I-LINC is a stakeholder platform on digital skills towards employability and entrepreneurship, that will host Get Online Week updates and interactions.
Stay tuned for more updates! For more details on how to get involved or support the campaign please contact us at email@example.com