2020: Achieving digital inclusion and empowerment for all Romanians!
A partner in all previous editions from the beginning in 2010, EOS Foundation again, for the 11th time, is the Romanian national partner for ALL DIGITAL Week 2020.
EOS Romania Foundation will organise the All Digital Week campaign in Romania in partnership with the National Association of Libraries and Librarians. For the first time, EOS will be organising the campaign activities under the umbrella of the National Coalition for Digital Education in Romania – a network of 10 organisations working in the field of inclusion and digital competences.
EOS envisages to generate interest to organise ALL Digital Week campaign activities with at least:
- 100 schools
- 100 libraries
- 20 NGOs
- 4 universities
The partner organisations will engage in their turn other partners from their local networks to make the messages related to the development of an inclusive and well prepared digital society in Romania as well heard as possible and involving 10,000 people in activities.
During the All Digital Week 2020, EOS will focus on the following main activity strands:
1. My first click! Basic digital literacy workshops and activities. These activities will be targeting people who have never used a computer before. The Digital Competences Development System platform will be used to bring beginners on board of the digital society. Activities will be taking place in schools, libraries, and NGOs.
2. Teacher Digital Skills development activities will be organised through the introduction and presentation of free online training opportunities. These activities will be organised directly by EOS Romania.
3. Schools will be invited to join the MakeCode with Micro:bit strand of activities dedicated to students aged 11 to 15 (but also older if interested) who would like to learn the basics of coding using a small programmable device called the BBC Micro:bit.
4. Digital jobs for young women is a new activity being introduced in the 2020 All Digital Week. EOS will be promoting a new digital profiling tool which was developed in the Women4IT project and which helps young women assess their skills and readiness for jobs in the digital market.
5. EOS will be organising a series of workshops in Timisoara and Bucharest to raise awareness about fake news and the dangers of disinformation. Workshops will be mainly offered to yougn people and groups of parents who are interested to learn about this topic.
6. Just like in the past years, durign the 2020 All Digital Week, EOS will offer multiple opportunities to teachers, adults and students to check the level of their ICT skills by taking one of the Certiport practice tests or certification exams.
7. Accessibility to ICT and the Internet for people with disabilities will continue to stay high on the agenda of the 2020 campaign. In this context, EOS will organise with its partner – the Association for the Integration of Persons with Disabilites a campaign to raise awareness among public institutions about the need to make their websites accessible for people with visual impairment.
8. Introductory webinars about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Science will be organised for the first time during the ALL Digital Week. This activity will be undertaken in partnership with four universities in Romania that are interested to further develop bootcamps or accelerated learning programs for their students on the topics related to AI and the cloud.
EOS’s website www.eos.ro
Contact: Ms. Gabriela Barna, director
Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Romania
- The Internet – The genie in the lamp for any desire! Oltea Doamna High School, Oradea, Romania
- ALL DIGITAL Week at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania
- ALL DIGITAL Week at the National College “Horea, Closca and Crişan” Alba Iulia, ROMANIA
- Coding with Minecraft
- All Digital Week 2019 at The Northern Branch of Medgidia Municipal Library
- ALL DIGITAL WEEK 2019 in “Nicolae Titulescu” High school, Slatina, Romania
- Blogpost All Digital Week 2019 at the “Capitan Nicolae Plesoianu” High School in Ramnicu Valcea
- Blogpost ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Prahova, Romania
- Report on ALL DIGITAL Week 2019 in Romania
- Blogpost: ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 in Romania
- “Introduction to Cybersecurity” at “Ienachita Vacarescu” National College, Targoviste, Romania – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Winner
- Web accessibility – make the Internet available for all! – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- ALL DIGITAL Week 2018 – With small steps in “The Knight’s World” – BEST TRAINING EVENT 2018 Finalist
- Photos: ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania
- Overview of ALL DIGITAL Week commitments and activities in Romania
Blogs from partners/event organisers
- ALL DIGITAL Week in Romania – digital inclusion for all!
- ALL DIGITAL Campaign in Medgidia Municipal Library
- Big events also take place in small libraries
- The students from “Petru Rareș” National College Beclean learned about Cybersecurity
- We learn and communicate click by click
- We are all digital! – ALL DIGITAL Week at Alba Iulia, Romania
- Digital competences challenge for young people, Galatz, Romania
- Blogpost: Romania rewards the most active GOW17 partners!
- Blogpost: The spring of digital opportunities in Romania – GOW17
- Blogpost: GOW in Romania: a great success! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Blogpost: Get Online Week 2017 in Romania! (Young Digital Changemaker)
- Overview of GOW17 commitments and activities in Romania
- Overview of GOW16 commitments and activities in Romania
- Blogpost: Get Online Week Launched in Romania
- Blogpost: The best digital week so far – Romanian GOW 2016 – and beyond!
- Video: How one Romanian gymnasium celebrates GOW16
- Blogpost: Safe first steps
- Blogpost: Newcomers with experience on Internet surfing
- Blogpost: Promoting an accessible web in Romania
- Photos: GOW 2015 in Romania
- Photos: GOW13 in Romania
- GOW12 in Romania
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Pietrari Library
- Video: Get Online Week 2012 at Teius Theoretical High School
- GOW12 Partner in Romania – EOS Foundation